Next Public Tour Date: Saturday, January 4, 2019
Tours at 10am, 11:30am and 1pm
Read below for more information on Public Tour Days or Private Tours of Liendo
Once a month Liendo Plantation opens its gates to the public for tours of this fantastic historic home! Tours are conducted by docents in period attire, with extensive knowledge of Liendo, its furnishings and Texas history. Our public tour date is held on the first Saturday of MOST months. Check our CALENDAR or call (979) 826-3126 for date confirmation. Public tour days are designed for individuals or small groups and require no reservations to attend one of the 3 scheduled tours.
*To be fair to all of our tourists, private tours are required for groups of 15 or more to allow for the extra time needed for larger groups. Our public tours are scheduled with no time between tours and delays caused by large groups can interfere with this timing.
Schedule for Public Tour Dates (first Saturday of MOST months)
10:00 am – 11:30 am
11:30 am – 1:00 pm
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Pricing for Public Tours
General Admission – $10.00
Students/Senior Citizens – $7.00
Private tours are available of groups of all sizes, by appointment only. Private tours can be booked on weekdays or weekends, but not on our public tour date (first Saturday of the month). No minimum number of tourists is required for a private tour but a group rate is available for groups of 20 or more. Please read the important information below and then fill out the Private Tour Request Form when you are ready to book your tour of the beautiful Liendo Plantation!
Pricing for Private Tours
Groups fewer than 20 $150
Groups of 20 or more $7 per person
*Important information for Liendo tourists:
Touring Liendo Plantation is an incredibly unique experience. Our guides are upbeat and fun, but also very knowledgeable, creating a tour that is interesting for groups of all ages and areas of interest. However, there are a few things that tourists need to know in order to decide if a tour of Liendo is right for them.
- Liendo is a private home. Guests may enter the property at public events or by appointment only. All guests are expected to respect the owner’s privacy and property by following the house rules at all times.
- Liendo is a working cattle ranch. We welcome you to enjoy the grounds of Liendo, within the parameters of the white fence. Crossing fences or teasing/taunting livestock are strictly prohibited for your own safety, as well as for the comfort of the animals who live here.
- Tours are approximately an hour and a half long and do require a significant amount of standing and walking.
- Tours include both upstairs and downstairs in the home. We do not have an elevator so, if you are unable to climb stairs, you will be unable to experience the upstairs portion of the tour. We aim to take care of the largest portion of the tour downstairs for that reason. Tourists who are unable to go upstairs will not be left unattended downstairs. We have patio furniture and picnic tables available outside for those that do not continue on to the upstairs portion of the tour. Please keep the weather and temperature of your tour date in mind if this is a concern for you.
- Liendo is over 160 years old and is furnished to reflect that time period. Because the furnishings are of a very delicate age, only limited seating is available. Some seating is available downstairs, no seating is available upstairs. Guides will inform you of areas where seating is permitted. We love showing Liendo to our many guests and do our best to cover longer portions of tours in areas of the home where seating is available. No guest will be allowed to return unattended to a room with available seating but access to outdoor seating is available, if needed.
- Absolutely no photography or video is allowed inside the home on tours. Photography will be permitted outside and guides in period attire will gladly pose for pictures with you.